Junior Systems / DevOps Engineer
This position has been filled.
TenTwentyFour1024 is looking for an all-round talent to become part of a passionate and dynamic start-up and to join our international team in tackling novel and fascinating challenges.
Working from our offices in Esch-Belval in the south of Luxembourg, you will be playing a central role in managing various aspects of our infrastructure, including operating system maintenance, automation and architecture. You will be a driving force in improving our continuous integration and deployment infrastructure and will be working with the latest technologies in virtualization and containerization of Unix environments. When the need arises, you will also be helping out on smaller development projects and getting your hands dirty hacking on code.
Experience can be acquired, but passion and the will to learn and to succeed should be some of your personality traits. We're looking for colleagues dedicated to their work, even if they don't have a computer science degree or countless years of experience yet. We believe that great engineers have the ability to quickly learn and take advantage of new technologies and methodologies.
- Design of systems and infrastructure, systems administration.
- Manual and automated installation, provisioning and configuration of Unix systems in physical and virtualized environments.
- Maintenance and development of our continuous integration and -delivery infrastructure.
- Scripting and maintenance of in-house and our customers' scripts and of smaller applications.
- Authoring and maintenance of procedure and process documentation.
- Supporting our developers in continuous integration and -delivery related issues.
Your skills & our requirements
You're a good fit for this job, if you…
- …have a sense for pro-activity and the ability to work autonomously;
- …possess an ability to understand complex technical situations and love to constantly learn about new things;
- …have experience with – and/or interest in – Free Software and Open Source technologies;
- …have a thorough understanding of Unix-based operating systems, their set-up and configuration;
- …feel comfortable enough in scripting and programming languages (Bash, PHP, Ruby and Python) to understand and alter simple programs and configuration files;
- …have some experience with – or are looking forward to learning about – virtualization and Configuration Management (Docker, Vagrant, Puppet, Ant, Chef, etc.);
- …have a Bachelor's or a Master's Degree in CS or a related field. Though this can be an advantage, it is not a requirement;
- …have perfect written and spoken skills in English and good ones in French. Luxembourgish or German are considered an asset.
We're a fast-paced, creative development start-up founded in summer 2013 and currently hosted at the Technoport incubator located in the sprouting Esch-Belval suburb right next to Luxembourg's University, it's largest Rock concert hall and a mall including several pubs and a multiplex cinema.
What we offer
- Attractive and varied opportunities for personal development and career advancement;
- Flexible working hours and no dress code;
- A flat hierarchy as well as a lively and creative working environment in the south of Luxembourg;
- Opportunities for creativity and pet-projects;
- Excellent access to public transportation and contributions to the cost of public transport subscriptions;
- Professional development and administration methodologies (Agile processes, Continuous Integration, etc.);
- Opportunities for profit participation and company shareholding
If you're interested, please send us your resume, as well as a cover letter to ul.ruofytnewtnet@sboj or post them by mail to
TenTwentyFour S.à r.l.
c/o Human Resources
9, av. des Hauts-Fourneaux