PHP Web Application Developer
This position has been filled.
TenTwentyFour1024 is looking to hire a motivated Web Developer experienced in PHP development to become part of a passionate and creative start-up.
Working from our offices in Esch-Belval in the south of Luxembourg, you will be creating and maintaining PHP based web applications, extensions and plug-ins. With the support of unit- and functional test tools, you will be transforming legacy applications – aka spaghetti-code – into elegant and sleek software adhering to clever design patterns and current project management methodologies. Having been a user of PHP for some time and being familiar with OOP, you share our passion for producing efficient, secure, and well-documented code.
We're looking for team members dedicated to their work, even if they don't have an academic degree or countless years of experience. We believe that great talents have the ability to learn quickly and take advantage of new technologies. While experience can be acquired, passion, relentlessness and the will to learn and to succeed should be some of your strongest personality traits. Although this is conceived as a full-time position, we're open to applicants preferring to work on a half-time schedule.
- Maintenance and step-by-step conversion of legacy PHP applications to contemporary technologies.
- Development of extensions, modules and plug-ins for WordPress, Laravel, Silex and related PHP-based frameworks.
- Conceptualisation and implementation of server side back-ends and APIs.
- Design and execution of unit-, integration and acceptance tests using PHPUnit, PHPSpec and Behat.
- Development of user-friendly interfaces using jQuery, Backbone and Angular.js.
- Research and development of solutions to our customers' challenges.
- Continuous deployment of our applications using Capistrano and Jenkins.
- Contribution to several Free and Open Source Software projects.
Your skills & our requirements
You're a good fit for this job, if you…
- …master the PHP programming language and its recent features, such as namespaces, traits and closures
- …are skilled in object oriented programming and are not afraid to occasionally handle a Unix shell
- …have a solid understanding of web technologies and client/server architecture
- …take initiative, love to tackle challenges and can work autonomously;
- …know that Chai, Cucumber and Gherkin do not exclusively refer to beverages and vegetables;
- …have perfect written and spoken skills in English. Luxembourgish, French or German are considered an asset;
We're a fast-paced, creative development start-up founded in summer 2013 and currently hosted at the Technoport incubator located in the sprouting Esch-Belval suburb right next to Uni.lu, the beautifully refurbished blast furnaces, Rockhal and the Utopolis Belval cinema. We develop sleek and stable web-based applications for the public sector and select commercial companies.
What we offer
- Attractive and varied opportunities for personal development and career advancement
- Flexible working hours and no dress code
- Ever-changing and challenging activities
- A flat hierarchy as well as a lively and creative working environment
- An equal vote in decision taking and the opportunity to take decisions that matter
- Opportunities for creativity and pet-projects
- Professional development process (Agile methodologies, code review, version control, continuous integration)
- Excellent access to public transportation, entertainment and cultural offers
- Medium-term opportunities for profit participation and company shareholding
We'd love to get to know you, your skills and experiences and to learn about any projects in which you have collaborated. Please send your resume, as well as a cover letter to ul.ruofytnewtnet@sboj or post them by mail to
TenTwentyFour S.à r.l.
c/o Human Resources
9, av. des Hauts-Fourneaux