Systems / Networking Engineer
This position has been filled.
TenTwentyFour1024 is looking for a systems and networking engineer to expand and keep a watchful eye on our growing GNU/Linux based infrastructure.
Working from our offices in Esch-Belval in the south of Luxembourg, you will be responsible for the steady growth, health and well-being of our distributed GNU/Linux-based server infrastructure. Working with configuration management and provisioning tools, new systems will spin into place and be provisioned from your carefully crafted and tested manifests. You will be setting up icinga2, collectd and logstash instances to monitor the systems' vitals and to make sure all systems are running smoothly.
Last, but not least, you will be looking after our – and our customers' – wide-spanning VPN infrastructure, interconnecting all of those systems for provisioning, monitoring and backup using OpenVPN.
As always, we're looking for team members dedicated to their work, even if they don't have an academic degree or countless years of experience. We believe that great talents have the ability to learn quickly and take advantage of new technologies. While experience can be acquired, passion, relentlessness and the will to learn and to succeed should be some of your strongest personality traits. Although this is conceived as a full-time position, we're open to applicants preferring to work on a half-time schedule.
- Manual and automated installation, provisioning and configuration of Unix systems in physical and virtualized environments.
- Extending and improving on existing puppet modules and manifests
- Setting up VPN tunnels using SSL-secured OpenVPN technology
- Controlling access and securing environments using iptables and squid
- Monitoring vitals of our and our customers' systems using tools like icinga, collectd and grafana
- Authoring and maintenance of procedure and process documentation
- Research and development of solutions to our customers' challenges
Your skills & our requirements
You're a good fit for this job, if you…
- …are curious, able to work autonomously and not afraid to take initiative;
- …possess an ability to understand complex technical situations and love to constantly learn about new things;
- …enjoy technical challenges and are not easily frustrated by one or the other failure;
- …have experience with – or a strong interest in – Free Software and Open Source technologies;
- …have a thorough understanding of Unix-based operating systems, their set-up and configuration;
- …understand routing, natting and port-forwarding and are able to implement these using Unix utilities;
- …have some experience – or are looking forward to learning about – using monitoring and graphing solutions such as icinga2 and graphite;
- …prefer automating tasks to laboriously repeating the same steps over and over again;
- …have perfect written and spoken skills in English. Luxembourgish, French or German are considered an asset;
We're a fast-paced, agile and creative development start-up founded in 2013 and currently hosted at the Technoport incubator located in the sprouting Esch-Belval suburb right next to Uni.lu, the beautifully refurbished blast furnaces, Rockhal and the Utopolis Belval cinema. We develop sleek and stable web-based applications for the public sector and select commercial companies.
What we offer
- Attractive and varied opportunities for personal development and career advancement
- Flexible working hours and no dress code
- Ever-changing and challenging activities
- A flat hierarchy as well as a lively and creative working environment
- An equal vote in decision taking and the opportunity to take decisions that matter
- Opportunities for creativity and pet-projects
- Excellent access to public transportation, entertainment and cultural offers
- Medium-term opportunities for profit participation and company shareholding
We'd love to get to know you, your skills and experiences and to learn about any projects in which you have collaborated. Please send your resume, as well as a cover letter to ul.ruofytnewtnet@sboj or post them by mail to
TenTwentyFour S.à r.l.
c/o Human Resources
9, av. des Hauts-Fourneaux