Web Application Developer
This position has been filled.
We're looking for a motivated Web Developer to become part of a passionate and hard-working start-up and to join us in tackling novel and fascinating challenges.
Working full-time from our offices in Esch-Belval in the south of Luxembourg, you will be designing elegant and efficient user interfaces as well as implementing web based applications according to up-to-date design patterns and current project management methodologies.
You're a highly proficient coder and you share our passion for producing efficient, secure, and well-documented code. Experience can be acquired, but passion and the will to learn and to succeed should be some of your personality traits. We're looking for colleagues dedicated to their work, even if they don't have countless years of experience. We believe that great developers have the ability to quickly learn and take advantage of new technologies.
- Design and development of efficient user interfaces
- Conceptualisation and implementation of server side back-ends and APIs
- Design and execution of unit-, integration and acceptance tests
- Research and development of solutions to our customers' challenges
- Advance configuration, installation and integration procedures
Skills & Requirements
- You have an excellent knowledge of web technologies and client/server architecture
- You master at least one of the following programming languages and are willing to learn others: Python, PHP, Ruby, Java
- You're skilled in object oriented programming and possess basic Unix skills
- You take initiative, love to learn and can work autonomously
- Cucumbers and Gherkins are not only vegetables to you
- A bachelor's or a master's Degree in CS or a related field can be an advantage but is not a requirement
- You have perfect written and spoken skills in English and good ones in French. Luxembourgish or German would be considered an asset
We're a fast-paced, creative development start-up founded in summer 2013 and currently hosted at the Technoport incubator located in the sprouting Esch-Belval suburb right next to Uni.lu, Rockhal and the Utopolis Belval cinema.
What we offer
- Attractive and varied opportunities for personal development and career advancement
- Flexible working hours and no dress code
- A flat hierarchy as well as a lively and creative working environment in the south of Luxembourg
- Opportunities for creativity and pet-projects
- Excellent access to public transportation and funding of public transport subscriptions
- Professional development process (Iterations, code review, version control, continuous integration)
- Opportunities for profit participation and company shareholding
If you're interested, please send us your resume, as well as a cover letter to ul.ruofytnewtnet@sboj or by snail mail to the address mentioned in the contact section.